CI/CD for Integrations - Overview¶
Continuous integration(CI) and continuous deployment(CD) for Integration is a must for delivering changes more frequently and reliably. Different organizations have different ways of addressing the problem. This is a guide of a reference implementation that involves a minimum number of parties in an organization for Integration automation. This guide contains three parts.
Phases of SDLC¶
Let's consider a deployment that has three typical environments as follows:
- Developers use the Dev environment to develop their code and execute developer testing.
- Staging (Quality Assurance) uses the Test environment for functional testing.
- Actual consumers use the production environment
Main project should be an Integration project. Integration project can contain the multiple sub modules as follows.
- ESB Configs module
- Data Source Configs module
- Data Service Configs module
- Registry Resource module
- Mediator module
- Composite Exporter module
- Connector Exporter module
- Docker Exporter module
- Kubernetes Exporter module
Please note that you are not allowed to create Nested Integration projects. Also, for CI/CD, it is recommended to maintain one GitHub repository per Integration project.Top